A dose of cool facts is always a nice break from reality and, today, we have prepared an amazing list of interesting facts about one of the most beloved casino games of all times: roulette. Take a seat and check if you already knew everything about your favorite game!
|Play Roulette for real money in Canada|
|Aladdin's Gold||100% Bonus on 7 deposits in 7 days||Play now!|
|Betway Casino||100% up to C$1500||Play now!|
|Jackpot City||100% up to C$1600||Play now!|
- The name roulette comes from a french word to describe a little wheel.
- Because of the popularity of roulette in Monaco, as well as how the game helped the country deal with their financial issues a couple of centuries ago, the game is sometimes called the King of Casino Games.
- Sometimes roulette is also called the Devil’s Game as, when all the numbers from the wheel are added up, they are equal 666.
- The concept of the roulette wheel was invented by Pascal, a French physicist and mathematician who was trying to create a perpetual motion machine but failed.
- The game itself might be originate from Roly Poly, an English game from the 17th century.
- Originally, the roulette wheel only had the numbers from 1 to 36 on it, and no 0. It was the Blanc brothers who added a single 0 to the wheel, to increase the house edge. The game was so successful that Francois Blank was even accused of selling his soul to the devil to become the master of roulette.
- A European style roulette wheel comes with numbers from 0 to 36, while Americans use a 0 to 36 wheel with a special, additional pocket of 00 added to it.
- The numbered spaces of the wheel are called “pockets” and the tiny walls that separate them from each other are “frets”.
- Roulette balls can be made either of plastic or ivory.
- One of the most popular roulette betting systems, Martingale, seems to be highly risky. Players are told to double their bet each time they lose, which might led to bankruptcy, if it wasn’t a lucky night for that gambler…
Want to learn more? Read out other articles!